Research in hepatobiliary disease is becoming increasingly important as the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases reports that 25 million Americans (1 in every 10) are afflicted with liver related diseases each year and 27,000 people die each year from chronic liver diseases.
The Schiff Center currently has more than 50 ongoing clinical trials that encompass a wide scope of liver diseases.
Our clinical trial programs include:
- Chronic Viral Hepatitis B Treatment and Vaccines
- Chronic Viral Hepatitis C Treatment and Vaccines
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Non-invasive detection of fibrosis
- Acute and chronic liver disease
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis
- Liver Transplantation
- Non alcoholic fatty liver disease (NASH)
- Anti-inflammatory drugs for chronic hepatitis
- Diagnostic serum testing